Presented by Pacific Northwest Ballet
“A visual explosion of costume and color, spirited dancers, and humorous acting…a brilliant theatrical success.” —City Arts
Alexei Ratmansky’s genius for revitalizing classic ballets is the talk of the dance world. America had its first look at his staging of Don Quixote when PNB premiered it to great acclaim in 2012. Vast in every sense—from Jérôme Kaplan’s colossal sun-bleached sets and vibrant costumes to the expansive sweep of the choreography—Don Quixote is informed by Ratmansky’s technical fluency punctuated by carefree humor. A perfectly crafted story ballet, the plot follows its visionary hero to the city of Barcelona, where he becomes entangled in the affairs of spirited young lovers. Bravura dancing, captivating character players, and stunning stagecraft combine with Ludwig Minkus’ rousing score to deliver a tremendous theater experience to audiences of all ages.
Music: Ludwig Minkus
Choreography: Alexei Ratmansky (after Marius Petipa & Alexander Gorsky)
Scenic & Costume Design: Jérôme Kaplan
Lighting Design: James F. Ingalls
- Add to cal Sat, January 31, 2015 at 1:00 PM
- Add to cal Sat, January 31, 2015 at 7:30 PM
- Add to cal Thu, February 5, 2015 at 7:30 PM
- Add to cal Fri, February 6, 2015 at 7:30 PM
- Add to cal Sat, February 7, 2015 at 1:00 PM
- Add to cal Sat, February 7, 2015 at 7:30 PM
- Add to cal Sun, February 8, 2015 at 1:00 PM
- Add to cal Sun, February 8, 2015 at 7:00 PM
- Jan 31 - Feb 8 , 2015
- Lobby - 2 hours prior to show time
$30 - $184
PNB's Box Office:
Purchase tickets as part of a season subscription here.
Parking is available at the Mercer Street Garage, conveniently located across the street from McCaw Hall. Entrances to the Garage are on 4th Avenue N and 3rd Avenue N.
Call 206-615-0404 to make your reservation at Prelude.